PROJECT Protection of the European mink (Mustela lutreola L., 1761) in Poland
- Development of a coherent and comprehensive plan for the protection of the European mink (Mustela lutreola, 1761), enabling the preservation of the gene pool of the subspecies native for the territory of Poland.
- Creation of a genetically effective breeding base and restitution of the species in Poland.
- Public interest in the problem of protecting the European mink.
- Creating a platform for exchanging information on the species on a national and European scale, enabling integration and involvement of groups that may have a significant impact on the protection of the species.
- Development of the necessary documentation and creation of a strategy for the restoration and protection of the species.
- Monitoring of the population of feral American mink (Noegale vison, 1777) in Poland.
- Information and education activities for environments that have a significant impact on the effectiveness of the proposed protective measures (26th Mustelid Colloquium – Budapest, 28-31.08.2008, 11th National Theriological Conference – Poznań, 07-09.09.2009, 27th Mustelid Colloquium – Lisbon, 18-20.11. 2009).
|Green Federation “GAIA” association (Lead Partner)|
|Polish Society for Conservation Genetics LUTREOLA (Project Partner)|